Sunday, January 24, 2010

series: December through July

Each of these pieces is on an 8x8" piece of lumber. the face drawings are contour/blind contour line drawings I made from self portraits. The line drawings were carved into the wax surface of each piece, and oil paint was used to make the lines visible. Various collage/transfer, and painting techniques were used to unify the series and to complete each composition. Dec. Jan. and Feb. were done last winter, and I thought recently about adding to the series. Some of these look more muddy than I had first imagined..and sinister. Feedback is welcome. As usual, they probably work better together than individually. I was thinking about using them for my April showing at Babycakes in Marquette...she can hang 8 pieces there. thoughts? thanks!






















































1 comment:

Supria Karmakar said...

I love these self portrait pieces..they are free, wild and absolutely magnificent...congrats
supria